I didn't get much in the way of railway photos, but I'd be happy to send you some of the shots I took back in '03 when Dad and I went to Normandy for the anniversary celebration. Some of them I've posted on my Facebook galleries.

I'll cogitate on what I can do to help you follow their footsteps, so to speak. It sounds like you've already mapped it out, at least partially. Would you be willing to share those routes with me?

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)