From: Godfrey DiGiorgi
On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 6:41 AM, Mark Roberts <m...@robertstech.com> wrote:
David Savage wrote:

I actually use the D700's high ISO a lot (many of my star shots make
use of that cameras capabilities), so for me the desire for low noise
@ high ISO isn't complete nonsense.
Actually, I was about to mention you as an example of someone who
really does need and use high ISO. You beat me to it.
Not many Dave Savages in the world, though...
I never said ultra-high ISO sensitivity without noise is not useful.
It does enable some kinds of work that without it wasn't accessible
and eases some other kinds of work which were more difficult.

I said the *obsession* with this one dimensional view of what makes a
camera "good' is ridiculous. Just like the other modern obsession:
"more megapixels uber alles."

All *obsession* is ridiculous ... except for my own of course.