On 9/11/2011 10:32 PM, Ken Waller wrote:

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Godfrey DiGiorgi" <gdigio...@gmail.com>

Subject: Re: Pentax K-Q adapter and an OT rant about corporate silliness

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 8:28 PM, Anthony Farr <farranth...@gmail.com> wrote:
I couldn't find a camera with the 10MP Panasonic sensor that could
reach iso6400. Olympus 410 and above, 510 and above and the Panasonic
DMC-L10 all top out at iso1600. The Olympus E-3 tops out at iso3200,
but its sensor is quoted as being 10.1MP and I can't verify that it's
the same unit as the 10MP sensor.

Easy to obtain higher ISOs: set the highest and underexpose by the
number of stops required. Boost in processing.

I was never interested in any of the E-xxx bodies because of the
viewfinders, but the E-1, E-3 and E-5 are superb. Even the ancient E-1
with it's old, slow hardware now produces superb results at ISO 3200
and even ISO 6400 if you know what you're doing when you expose and
process the raw files. The E-5 produces very clean results at ISO 6400
almost without any processing at all.

Overall, though, this obsession with ultra high ISO settings and the
desire for noiseless results is, to me, utter and complete nonsense.

You don't shoot enought wildlife with a 600mm f4.0 lens !

Often Godfrey seems to believe that the world revolves around him. I guess we're all guilty of that, but Godfrey often seems to be less self aware, especially when feelings begin to run high.

--
Don't lose heart!  They might want to cut it out, and they'll want to avoid a
lengthily search.