Steven Desjardins wrote:

This is a big problem facing manufacturers.  Some folks never shoot at
those isos and don't want to pay, either in money or size/weight, to
have that capacity.

There are plenty of cameras where pixel count prevail against dynamic range and high-ISO performance. 99% of compact cameras and most DLSRs are set that way. However, manufacturers have to cover both needs, perhaps with dedicated models. That's very good news for them, because this way they sell more cameras.

OTOH, it makes sense for many enthusiasts to have
a DSLR and a MSC for the appropriate occasions.

For that reason, I also bought a Panasonic GF-1.

What is miss most
when using my mu43 cameras is the wider dynamic range of the current
models of DSLR.  Still, you only have to go a few years back when
DSLRs (at least the ones I coudl afford) had the same DR performance
as the current class of MSC.

Agree.

Dario