it starts here:

I need some input from The Collective as to what pitfalls to look for
in the purchase of a Pentax 67 kit.
I'm not terribly familiar with them. Where are the battery
compartments (to check for corrosion)?
What else can go wrong with a camera like this that has set unused for
a long time?

I need this like a hole in the head, but it is in truly MINT condition
(passed stickers still on everything in original cases).

It is an original model 67 with TTL pentaprism finder.
105mm f2.4
55mm f4
135mm f4
Pentax 67 extension tube set

Darren Addy
Kearney, Nebraska

Darren, it is a good camera in any case. Worked some time with one older model, did miss the mirror lock but otherwise loved the camera.

I'd take a look at the shutter curtains, timing (shutter speeds) and flash sync.

Battery goes under, in front of the tripod socket - and the compartment and cover should be clean. Found this link to its manual: http://www.butkus.org/chinon/pentax/pentax_67/pentax_67.htm

Good luck with the kit - but find a proper bag, that's a good amount of camera gear, rather heavy.

--
luiz felipe
luiz.felipe at techmit.com.br