On 19/09/2011 6:03 AM, frank theriault wrote:
The bystanders and their dogs seem oblivious to the cellist in the
foreground, but she was playing one of Bach's cello suites, one of my
favourite pieces ever.  I chatted with her, and she was a lovely young
lady, who decided to practice out near nature (and I'm glad she did):

http://knarfinthecity.blogspot.com/2011/09/bach-in-park.html

Hope you enjoy (too bad you don't get to hear her - she was very
good!).  Presented as something of a counterpoint to Derby's recent
set.  ;-)

Comments always welcome.

cheers,
frank

The Anner Bylsma CDs of the cello suites are on high rotation in my office when I need to think. One of my faves too, Frank

Lovely scene, terrible pun (though the picture absolutely needs those dogs).

I've been thinking about sound and photos a lot lately. Bought myself an H4N Zoom, planning to have ambient street sounds with slideshows. It's much harder than it looks. Then I read this

http://www.bjp-online.com/british-journal-of-photography/report/2105095/listening-audio-photography

That takes it to another level.

der...@iinet.net.au
http://members.iinet.net.au/~derbyc