On 22/09/2011 1:05 PM, Christine Nielsen wrote:

So... what to do?  Anything?  Maybe it's me... Or is this just the way
it goes???  Any thoughts are appreciated...

I didn't read this thread, so I don't know if this has been mentioned, but get some translucent fabric and cover that window.
Get enough fabric and make yourself some big, stand up reflectors as well.
I made a 4x6 foot reflector using copper plumbing pipe, and used a variety of fabrics as reflectors or gobos.

You have a beautiful, natural light source there, take advantage of it.

--

William Robb