Bojidar Dimitrov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>"Anthony Farr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>Coincidentally, I was reading Boz's pages last night, so I feel
>> qualified to rain on your parade.  At the introduction of the KA
>> series lenses the movement of the diaphragm actuator was altered.
>
>Mark Roberts wrote:
>
>> Yes, I read through it all, but the linear/non-linear diaphragm
>> control is only important if the camera is trying to set the
>> position of the diaphragm (ie. Program or shutter-preferred
>> autoexposure). For matrix metering it just needs to know what the
>> mazimum and minimum possible apertures are.
>
>This is 100% correct.  Congratulations Mark!  I've been thinking of
>doing the same to my pre-A lenses, but don't have the nerve or the
>drilling setup to pull it through.

It's actually very easy to do. I made a cardboard template from a junk FA series
lens I bought on eBay for $10.00. I'll make a permanent metal template later but
the cardboard job was fine for one-time use. I'd prefer to use a drill press but
an electric hand drill was not really a problem.

BTW: The 15mm f3.5 is an awesome piece of glass!

--
Mark Roberts
www.robertstech.com