Yeah, it's an underwear commercial for a French brand, Athena.

http://great-ads.blogspot.com/2011/09/athletes-and-ad-agency-crew-get-naked.html

It's a sight gag. It makes sense if you remember the French think Jerry Lewis is the greatest comic who ever lived. The naked pole vaulter is supposed to land in the underwear that's there in place of the cross bar.

He'll never make it. Pendulum effects will throw his timing off every time.

From: Steven Desjardins
I know we are seeing this because of the 6x7, but what was the point
of the video otherwise.  Underwear commercIal?  My french isn't good
enough to tell.

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 2:10 PM, Bruce Walker <bruce.wal...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 11-09-25 12:38 PM, P. J. Alling wrote:
Pentax 67, (who says film is dead), but lots of Gallic silliness and naked
people. ?NSFW, so you've been warned.

?http://strobist.blogspot.com/2011/09/and-now-your-nsfw-underwear-shoot-bts.html

That's Gallic with an F, btw.