Thanks, Joseph.  " Blur in the mallets, sharp everywhere else" is
exactly what I was going for.  I was also trying to see what I could
do in the very limited light available in that theater.

Believe it or not, I actually graduated from college and I have
listened to quite a few of Professor Greenberg's music courses from
the Teaching Company.  I was concentrating on the motion, rather than
on the musician, which is why I chose "Percussion" rather than
"Percussionist."  I know what tympani are ; I used the synonym "kettle
drums" because this is a concert band, rather than an orchestra, so
the less formal name seemed appropriate.

Thanks again for looking, and for your kind comments on my image.

Dan
Dan Matyola