On 28/09/2011 11:23 AM, Tom C wrote:

Exactly my logic for why I think the default to not fire in A-mode is RETARDED!

If I mount a lens on the front of the camera it MEANS I want to take a
picture. It does NOT mean I want to consult the manual. It does NOT
mean I want figure out what a F-- message is. It does NOT mean I want
to scroll through menus.  Making me do those things EVEN ONCE, may
make me miss the shot.

Which default will give Pentax the greater frequency of repair requests that require significant tech time?

1) You mount a non A series lens and the camera bricks.
2) You mount a non A series lens and the camera gives wildly incorrect exposures?

The Idea of a bigger alarm flashing on the back screen is good, perhaps a rousing Sousa march to get the user's attention would also be necessary, and what would really be nice is to have the users manual programmed into the camera's software, complete with pop ups that tell you exactly what has gone wrong, and exactly what you need to do to correct your camera's settings. And what would be really, really nice would be a camera that we can program in the scene types that we want to capture and just send the damned thing out on it's own to capture them for us.

--

William Robb