On 9/28/2011 5:05 PM, Walt Gilbert wrote:
On 9/28/2011 6:47 PM, Larry Colen wrote:
On 9/28/2011 4:30 PM, Walt Gilbert wrote:
Hi all,

While mowing the grass today, I happened upon a rather sizable and horrendous-looking spider having a bite to eat in the backyard and figured I ought to try out Larry's K100D Super with the reversed K 50/1.4. I have to say, I'm rather pleased with the results.

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/walt_gilbert/6193626522/
f/22, 1/180, ISO 200, flash, handheld

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/walt_gilbert/6193620792/
Same as above, slight angle variation, slightly tighter shot.

Nice shots, it would be interesting to have some idea of scale, how big is that monster?
Thanks, Larry.

Bunched up the way he is there, I'd say he's a little larger in diameter than a quarter. Not nearly as big as a garden spider, or anything like that. But, pretty damned big nonetheless.

A photo of him in your hand would be a great way to show how big he is.

--
Larry Colen l...@red4est.com (from dos4est)