on 2011-10-17 02:09 Larry Colen wrote
Went for a walk with some friends in the nearby park today.  Sometimes when I
look at this I really like it, sometimes I think that the logs are too dark.
But, this is about as much as I can lighten them without the leaves in the
background getting too light.

Comments? Suggestion?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/6252591035/lightbox/

i like the mood, but this is a case where i think it might be easier to enjoy in a well-rendered print (or a very large screen), where the shadow detail can be more easily discerned

many nice shots in that set; i particularly liked the next shot, and the multitude of mushrooms a bit further along (might have liked a lower angle and more depth of field there, though)