Thanks!

Technically it is fairly simple. The flower was put on a white paper and I went
outside on a cloudy day to get the smooth light. Then I exposed at +1EV to get
the histogram mostly on the right end without being over exposed, and choosing
f/11 to get maximum combination of sharpness and DOF.

Then in Photoshop I used the curve tool to push the white background as far to
the right (white) as possible without loosing the contours, while increasing
the contrast to make the structure, and dark spots, more visible. This
increased the contrast and also the saturation so I reduced the saturation to
get the "paper" feeling you mention. The last thing I did was to make sure most
of the background was really white, masking the necessary parts and lightening.

As I said to Kenneth I am still working on a way to get a natural trace of the
contours, maybe by placing a black paper ring around the object to get a dark
reflection, but I haven´t really got that far yet.

Anyway, it does´t take much equipment, just some time to experiment.

DagT