On 10/20/2011 00:10, Brian Walters wrote:
On Wednesday, October 19, 2011 11:24 PM, "Ann Sanfedele"
<ann...@nyc.rr.com>  wrote:
The only thing I would say is if you are going to have a WATER category
and a BLUE  maybe they shouldn't be back to back months

> Good point.  I'll reorganise.

:-)

So you had to pick OLDNESS for my birthday month????

Well you shouldn't have any trouble submitting for that month.  Hmmmm???

low blow!

well you won't be seeing a self portrait....
maybe we should call it 'Antiques Roadshow'

song lines is nice - but I'll probably do it in reverse (find a photo I
took that reminds me of a song line)

You probably won't be the only one.  As an optional extra for that
theme, maybe people can provide a link to the song, if it exists online,
so that we can all enjoy the music (or otherwise...).  Actually Frank's
latest PESO fits the theme and Tim provided a link to the music (which I
enjoyed - ZZ Top being a band I hadn't taken much notice of previously).

I guess that wasnt the butterfly shot ...

For PUGery I suggest all us long-timers use a photo he/she used in a
previous PUG - a personal favorite and/or especially an early one.

Good idea but I think that should be optional.  15 years is quite an
achievement so it would be good for this to be the biggest gallery ever!

sure - I did said "suggest" hehe

ann

Cheers

Brian

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia
http://lyons-ryan.org/southernlight/

Otherwise.. neat list - sorry I didn't poke my nose in sooner.. I be busy

ann

On 10/19/2011 18:53, Brian Walters wrote:
Thanks to all who commented on the possible themes.

Stan's suggestion (below) is well thought out and, in the interests of
maximizing participation, I've used those ideas as a guide (although
I've used one out of of Stan's 3rd Category because a couple of people
specifically mentioned it).

So (drum roll) here's the tentative list for 2012.  Correspondence on
the themes is still open if there's anything that you don't like....

January - Minimalist
February - Railway
March - Shadows
April - 15 Years of PUGgery (a general Open Gallery to celebrate the
PUG's 15th Anniversary)
May - Solitude
June - Songlines (pick a song title, take a picture)
July - Close Up/Macro
August - Water
September - Blue
October - Doors
November - Prime Time (non-zoom photography)
December - Oldness

On Monday, October 03, 2011 12:26 PM, "Stan Halpin"
<s...@stans-photography.info>   wrote:
I hadn't really thought about this before, but it seems that your
suggestions (and possibly themes from ages past as well) fall into three
distinct categories. There are those that highlight a particular subject
(e.g., Body Parts, Trees, Railway), those that highlight a style or theme
(e.g., Minimalist, Macro, Chaos, Solitude), and those that highlight
technical aspects of the image capture (e.g., Prime Time, Long Exposure,
Black&   White, and macro arguably also belongs here). With many fine
candidates on your list below, I would suggest that you avoid those that
emphasize the technical stuff, my third category, and rather go with
subjects or themes. Just because it might provide a wider opportunity for
participation. Not everyone has prime lenses or macro set-ups, but
everyone can find doors or windows or water to shoot.

stan

Cheers

Brian