The news I've heard said he complied with the state requirements for exotic animals - as loose as they might be.

Also that the cops initially shot some of the escapees with tranquilizers but they had little effect and the decision was made to take them out rather than put human life at risk.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "P. J. Alling" <webstertwenty...@gmail.com>

Subject: Re: OT: Lions, Tigers and Bears

People are allowed to make bad decisions, that's what being free is all about. Hopefully they'll make more good decisions than bad. In this case the authorities seem to have been a bit trigger happy and the owner of the animals seems to have been more than a little irresponsible.