Well captured.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Walters" <supera1...@fastmail.fm>
Subject: PESO - Cauldron

G'day all

Another one from my short break on the central coast of New South Wales.

I wanted to do some long exposure shots around dusk so I took quite a
number of shots similar to this.  The long exposure was achieved by a
combination of small aperture (f22), low ISO (100)  and stacked ND
filters.  This is probably the best of them although I'm still working
on some of the others.  This one used two stacked filters, a Cokin ND4
and a Cokin circular polariser (used just for its ND effect).  It's a 4
second exposure looking east - the colour in the sky is being reflected
from the faint glow in the western sky, the sun having already set.

The longer exposure versions were achieved by adding another (el-cheapo)
ND4 filter.  The problem with these was the introduction of a strong
magenta colour cast which is taking a lot of work to correct in post.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1370864/PESO/slides/_IGP3232a-peso.html

Comments and suggestions appreciated.

Cheers

Brian