I was working with the trusty Pentax 6x7 today and put on the Lensbaby 3G that I bought for it a while back. The lens baby uses a set of apertures that are just steel metal rings held in place by magnets in the lens. To my horror, I was unable to find the aperture kit anywhere in the bag. It appears to be lost for good. All I have is the 5.6, which was in the lens. At home, I tried one of the aperture rings from my Pentax K Lensbaby Muse. The f2.8 ring for the Muse is exactly the same size as the f5.6 ring for 3G. The Muse is a 50mm focal length, the 3G is 100mm.

So - am I correct in assuming that is the Muse f2.8 ring is the same size as the 3G f5.6 ring, the two stop differential applies to other aperture rings? So Muse f4 = 3G f8, Muse f5.6 = 3G f11, etc... I assume that they logically would have to be consistent, but maybe the world is not so orderly...

The 3G for medium format has been discontinued for some time but replacement rings for the Muse are available. I ordered a set hoping to relabel them for the 3G, at worst I'll have backup for the Muse.

Thanks -

Mark C.