On 30/10/2011 23:40, Peter McIntosh wrote:
On 30 October 2011 16:35, mike wilson<m.9.wil...@ntlworld.com>  wrote:

A Firestone. http://www.firestone100.com/history/first_pop2c.html
Nowadays, it would have to say "Non Roll" or "Non Burst".  No excuse for it
to be such a shocking state.
http://store.cokertire.com/tire-styles/bias-ply-tires/non-skid/34x4-firestone-non-skid-all-black.html
  Maybe 363 reasons...

It doesn't look like there would be anything glaring to show if it was
inverted.  It might be better upside down and more readable.

Thanks for this Mike.

So they're still made - cool.  These were on an unrestored car that
looked as old as that tyre.  For some reason I photographed the tyre
but not the car...

In that case, it's not a tyre it's a historical artefact and should be left as is.

Didn't think of flipping it. You're right - there's nothing in the
background that would prove objectionable to a flip.  I'll play later.

Regards,

Pete Mac in Melbourne

--
No fixed Adobe