On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 10:31:52PM +0100, mike wilson wrote:
> On 12/11/2011 19:23, John Francis wrote:

> >>Friends of mine have had surgeries like that. They said it made a
> >>vas deferns in their life.
> >
> >Close (a few inches away), but no cigar.
>
> A circumspect answer.

Still not exactly right, but that's near enough for most purposes.

I was a little apprehensive, especially when they sent me home with
a prescription for Vicodin to deal with any post-operative pain.
But that was over 30 hours ago, and so far (touch wood)  I haven't
even needed anything except the doctor-specified over-the-counter
combination antibiotic/analgesic ointment (Neosporin + benzocaine).

My guess is that I escaped pretty lightly (for which I'm thankful).

The rest of 11/11 (and most of 11/12) was spent playing video games
("Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim" went on sale at midnight on 11/11/11).
There were more than 100 people lined up at midnight at the closest
branch of GameStop (just one of three within three miles of my house).