On 11/13/2011 1:32 PM, Jack Davis wrote:
That Dr Rick doing some plunger art?

Plunger art?

Very, very interesting stuff well photographed, Larry.

Thank you. Zab and I went to a party there some years back, and Zab has been talking about the place ever since. When this party came up, Zab wanted photos of the artwork. As an experiment, I gave her the K-x with the Sigma 20/1.8 because it was fast, wide and can focus in close.

I have no major complaints with that lens optically, other than cameras just don't want to focus with it in any sort of awkward light. But I'd sure love to have a version of it that was better built.

I wonder how hard it would be to have two focusing mechanisms, one that wasn't quite so fast, but only operated from about 3' to infinity, and one that was slower that operated all the way down to the macro range. As it is, the range from 7' to infinity takes almost no range of the focusing ring and is really tough to nail.

If I were him, believe I'd head for the "Antique Road Show."

Knowing him, he'd come home with more stuff than he went with.

BTW, if you want to see more of the artwork, I wasn't as selective photographically of the photos I put up on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150472816554673.421786.653299672&type=1&l=3a90482a7f

Jack

----- Original Message -----
From: Larry Colen<l...@red4est.com>
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List<pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2011 1:00 PM
Subject: Cow Bell

Sometimes a photo just has to be done, no so much for the artistic merit, but
so you can use a particular name for it.
Cow Bell:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/6341067077/

A friend had his 50th birthday party at an amazingly cool house in SF.  I want
to return here sometime when there's light, and I'd have time to do a good job
of photographing the cool art etc. that the place is practically littered with.
 As it was, the K-5 got a pretty good workout last night.

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157628120515650/

Larry Colen l...@red4est.com (from dos4est)