On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 6:14 PM, Ann Sanfedele <ann...@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
> http://annsan.smugmug.com/On-the-Road-or-On-Foot/New-York-Snaps-2011/15389206_cBJMSB/1/1577685974_XBDNtR4/Large
>
> This is one time I should have put a small light frame around the photo -
> given my preferred gallery background settings... I'll do it at some point.
>
> This was in a church in Brooklyn where I went to photograph 3 works by Shozo
> Nagano for a gallery in New Orleans, for Shozo's estate.

Hi Ann,

This is one that I thought I was responding to from my phone on
Friday, but it didn't make it to the list.

I really like it a lot.  The fan adds so much to it;  it definitely
has a pre-1960 feel, back in the days before air conditioning was
cheap and prevalent.  I've been in plenty of churches where the light
was streaming in, making the hot stifling still air feel even hotter
than it is, with a lonely fan churning away in the corner, making no
discernable difference.

Your photo reminds me of those days.  The fan is old, so is the light
(if you know what I mean).  Beautifully composed.

Very cool shot!

cheers,
frank
--
"Sharpness is a bourgeois concept."  -Henri Cartier-Bresson