> From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
> Tom C
>
> I understand the slant this guy's coming from, but I still think, all
> told, it's idiotic. I think he just needed something to write.
>
> http://www.cnngo.com/explorations/life/tell-me-about-it/james-durston-
> photography-has-ruined-travel-361992?hpt=hp_bn13

yes, it's one of those subjects that people write about when they can't be
bothered to think. I've seen dozens of them moaning about not 'being in the
moment' if you're taking a picture.

He does have one idea I agree with though, and that's about getting lost.
Although I disagree with him about ditching the camera and getting lost. I
like to get deliberately lost - it's a good way of getting off the beaten
track and finding stuff that's new and interesting. And then photograping
it.