On 11/25/2011 19:22, Mark Roberts wrote:
As expected, the wind got stronger as we climbed higher. At the bluff
called Lion's Head it must have been 60-65 mph. The snow had been
blown clear of many places but where it did remain it wes quite deep
in spots. Occasionally I would place a foot and find myelf crotch-deep
in snow. That and the wind made for slow going. When we got to the top
the wind notched up *considerably*. We checked later (the top of the
mountain consists largly of an elaborate weather station facility) we
learned the wind at the top had been around 75 mph with gusts in the
mid 80's. It felt like it. In the photo linked below, Lisa is
literally hanging on to the summit marker sign to avoid being blown
away.

http://www.robertstech.com/temp/lisa-1.jpg

This was taken in 1966 in _July_ by my ex... your snap of
Lisa sent me looking for this one of me back then.

That was scary enough - you guys are TOUGH!

http://annsan.smugmug.com/Other/Stuff-to-show-PDML-for-various/4796533_2JPwqh/1/1602441253_8kP3Bgp/Medium

ann