Bob Sullivan <rf.sulli...@gmail.com> wrote:

>The guy looked in trouble when I saw the pole behind him on the ground.

Now that you mention it, I think that pole had just been tossed down
by Lisa to the guy below. The one who had gotten himself stuck may
have been behind me still getting his courage up at that point. We
know he did eventually make it down safely because they hiked down not
far behind us the rest of the way.