> From: steve harley <p...@paper-ape.com>

> on 2011-11-28 13:37 Tom C wrote
>> Taken on 11/24 at Bryce Canyon NP, shortly after sunrise.
>>
>> http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=14704478&size=lg
>>

> i like the patterns in that photo, wish i could see it bigger and explore the
> details ? that's what photos like that invite me to do; if i were taking the
> photo i would have been frustrated trying to frame it; the choice you made
> seems okay, but what's above?
>
> great time to visit ? i bet the crowds were thin
>
> a rant not directed at the photo or photographer:
> i tried clicking to get a larger view, but it actually made it smaller, and
> only after first repeating the pop-over ad that i got when i first loaded the
> page; one or more annoying user experiences seem to happen every time i view a
> photo at photo.net lately

I found Bryce difficult because there are so many variations in the
landscape it's hard to decide upon an in camera crop, which this was.
as far as what's above, it's a treed canyon rim, maybe 10% the height
of the displayed image and then sky. In this instance I thought it
detracted from the type of image I was wanted.

Crowds were pretty thin, but quadrupled the day after Thanksgiving...
largely Japanese tour bus groups  and a fair number of Europeans.
Still sparse compared to summer I'm sure.

It made it smaller because I already had the link going to the larger
view. I agree, I hate the random popup ads now appearing on photo.net.

Thanks for looking and commenting. I'll send you a larger version if you wish.

Tom C.