I was going to save this for my Friday Link Dump email, but since this
is mostly/only tangentally photographic, I decided to make it a
separate OT thread...

I tripped across this (somehow) and was previously unaware of Before &
After Magazine or their YouTube channel & books. The guy on camera
does just a SUPER "show & tell" of great graphic design principles.  I
was very impressed by the quality of his explanations, as well as his
design sensibility and video production values.

I firmly believe that, as good photographers are normally more
visually-oriented people, a deficit in knowledge of graphic design
principles is more inexcusable for "us" than the general public. I
also think that there is a "spillover effect": I believe that
developing one's critical eye for design helps us fine tune our acuity
as visual thinkers. From a purely practical standpoint, I decided that
enough people on the PDML list have (or will) design Blurb photo books
and do other self-publishing jobs that it would be
enlightening/beneficial for more than a few of us.

How do you show off a great photo?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk8hOc5gUGo&feature=player_embedded

Related: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxc46XnucY4
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgM5Bp1_ZKw

More great videos like the one above:
http://www.bamagazine.com/Articles.asp?ID=172

It is also worth noting that the Before & After books are ALL rated a
solid "5 stars" on Amazon. I hope to pick up one or more of those
titles myself in the near future!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0321580125

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0321334159

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/020179537X

Hope you the links half as much as I did.

Darren Addy
Kearney, Nebraska