On 12/8/2011 1:09 AM, Brian Walters wrote:
On Thu, Dec 8, 2011, at 12:36 AM, Larry Colen wrote:

On Dec 8, 2011, at 12:09 AM, Brian Walters wrote:

G'day all

Frank's 'Company Car' post got me feeling nostalgic.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1370864/PESO/slides/mini.html

I'm not sure how I ever fitted into the thing.  I'm around 186 cm tall
(6'1' and a bit) - I must have been a lot more flexible in those
days....

Anyone else want to post a photo of their first car?

OK, as long as we're posting pictures of first cars, with transverse
mounted series A motors:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/6475854769
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/6475855345

Was that actually called the Austin America?

In the US it was.

It looks like what we know as the Morris 1100, the one that Basil Fawlty
thrashed with a tree branch.

That had the 1098, mine had the 1275. There was also the MG1100 which was very similar too.

This photo is, actually, on topic.  It was photographed with my old
Pentax S1a on Perutz slide film. The scan is pretty ordinary.

Is it on topic if I used my K-x to take a photo of a picture I took 31
years ago with my SRT-101?

Works for me, although I'm a little surprised that you have a Pentax
camera in working condition....

I have several, though most of them are for film.

I spent some time today cleaning the shutter button, which helped a lot with it being sticky, but didn't totally solve the problem. I dribbled a minute amount of graphite into the crack and that seems to have solved the problem.

--
Larry Colen l...@red4est.com (from dos4est)