Steven Desjardins wrote:

An EVF would be critical on a higher end system like this.

Agree.

I don't think it has to be thinner but it does have to be smaller and
lighter.

About a FF system camera, which is high end by definition, I agree. About an
APS mirrorless, which screams more portable, I think thinner is critical.

Given the size of lenses for an FF sensor it will never be pocketable
in an sense, but could easily be smaller than one of the C/N FF DSLRs.

Yes, absolutey. I think Pentax can do either a FF DSLR or FF mirroless the
same size of a K20D or the like.

This could be a good idea if they do it well.

It's the latter part that frightens me.

Dario