On Dec 24, 2011, at 11:42 AM, steve harley wrote:

> on 2011-12-24 12:14 Larry Colen wrote
>> I'm puzzled by the comment on the next photo:
>> Tech Specs: Canon PowerShot G9 (at 35mm equivalent); exposure, 1/1000 sec at
>> f/4, ISO 80.
>>
>> What do they mean 35mm equivalent exposure?  Are seconds faster on compact
>> cameras?
>
> i think they meant 35mm equivalent focal length

But they didn't list a focal length.

> after looking through the gallery, i enjoyed the landscapes best; they start
> here:
>
> <http://www.popphoto.com/gallery/18th-annual-readers-photo-contest?image=33#container>

I'll be damned!  One of the landscape photos caught my eye as particularly nice
and it turns out it was shot by Peter Lik.
It might be the first of his shots I've seen that I've liked.

The alligator shot is also nice.

> also these two, another landscape filed under architecture:
>
> <http://www.popphoto.com/gallery/18th-annual-readers-photo-contest?image=30#container>
>
> and a really eye-catching klipspringer, which like several of the photos is
> over 1200px tall (they should have scaled them to the browser window):
>
> <http://www.popphoto.com/gallery/18th-annual-readers-photo-contest?image=19#container>

There were some very impressive animal shots in that collection.