http://www.dpreview.com/articles/8864725448/2012-the-dust-blows-forward

The article begins with:
"Disclaimer: I've deliberately avoided reading any of the other
"end-of-year, roll-on-next-year" articles that tend to appear around
this time. I don't have to; I can form my own opinions. You're lucky
I'm here to help you. The following is entirely my own mind, folded
out flat and laid onto the page."

Skip down to the Ricoh part for some humorous observations (if nothing
of real substance).

That portion ends with the following:
"If the company still decides to keep the Ricoh name, and if it has
any sense, it would use the Pentax name for a higher-spec, higher-end
version of its Ricoh cameras, although curiously the company seems to
believe that Ricoh itself is the prestige brand, which is nonsense."

Darren Addy
Kearney, Nebraska