From: Walt Gilbert <ldott...@gmail.com>
Sent: December 28, 2011 12/28/11
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: Re: PESOs: Winter Grazing

Thanks, Christine!

I completely agree with you on the composition.  I was a little hesitant
to even mark the shot as a "keeper" at all until I noticed to color.
These particular horses are a challenge for me to shoot because they're
so friendly they will walk right up to anyone who approaches the fence
and will follow along as you try to move to a better vantage point. I
always have to hope it takes a minute before they notice me and get as
many shots as I can before they get too close to keep the fence out of
the frame.

Thanks again for the input. I guess I just need to be more patient and
wait until the horses finally get bored with me and go on with their
lives.  The only problem with that is that when they finally walk away,
all you get is shots of a horse's ass.  And if that's what I wanted, I'd
do self-portraits.

-- Walt