Observe the bridge on this map: http://g.co/maps/cruzj

The San Mateo bridge, which is a large and impressive Public Work, has
maybe the most impressive collection of cormorants I have ever seen,
which occupy its ramparts and outworks in a position to be admired
while one crosses.  Unfortunately, if you pull over to photograph
them, you will die.  If you try to walk across it you may expire from
the combined effects of cardiovascular strain and pollution.  I’m not
sure what the right answer is, but clearly a challenge for West Coast
photographers.  -T