I did some research a month ago. Here's what I would have chosen then,
if I had the money:

Box: Xigmatek Elysium Big Tower Black.
Reason: Nice and roomy.

PSU: Corsair AX 1200W PSU ATX 12V V2.31, 80 Plus Gold, Modular, 6x
6+2-pin PCIe, 16x SATA
Reason: Modular and with lots of SATA contacts. You can't really have
too much power. :-)

Mobo: ASUS P9X79 Deluxe, Socket-2011
Reason: Has 6 GB/s SATA support and USB 3. Optimistic upgrade path.

CPU: IntelĀ® Core i7-3930K Processor Socket-LGA2011, Six Core, 3.2Ghz
I will not attempt to rationalise this choice. :-)

RAM: two sets of Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600MHz 32GB Kit w/4x8GB XMS3
DHX, CL10-10-10-27, for Intel P67/Z68 and X79,1.5v
Reason: Has quad-channel architecture and reasonably priced vs.
competition (at the moment...). Quad-channel chips at higher clock
speeds are hard to come by over here at the moment.

Videocard: ATI FirePro V5800 1GB GDDR5 PCI-Express 2.0, 2x Dual Link DVI, 128bit
Reason: Looks like a card with a good performance vs. price ratio.

System disk: Plextor SSD PX-256M2P 256GB 2.5" SATA 6 Gb/s (SATA3.0),
500MB/440MB/s read/write, Marvel, 70000IOPS
Reason: There have been many reports about issues with the Sandforce
controller/firmware in SSDs. It may have been resolved since I
researched this, but at that moment a disk with a Marvel
controller/firmware made more sense. Btw, the 6 Gb/s controller on the
mobo is also by Marvel.

Scratch disk: Corsair SSD Force Series GT 60GB SATA 6 Gb/s (SATA3.0),
555MB/495MB/s read/write, 80k IOPS (4k aligned)
Reason: From previous experience it's a good idea to put temporary
files from image editors, web browsers, etc. on a separate disk.
Reducing fragmentation on system disk, for example.

I would have migrated my data disks from the current computer. They
consist of four 750 GB Server-edition disks in RAID 5. I read
somewhere that the Intel X79 chipset disk controller is compatible
with RAIDs created on ICH family controllers, enabling direct transfer
of the whole RAID setup. :-)

I'd also keep my screen(s). My main (calibrated) screen is a HP
LP2475w, a 24" wide-screen IPS-based monitor with native resolution
1920x1200px. It's the best screen I've ever had, but it's CLW
illuminated so I expect it to start ageing in a year or two.

--
http://www.alunfoto.no/galleri/
http://alunfoto.blogspot.com