The pollution contributes here, of course. A big fire in New Jersey at the right time, etc.

The most colorful sunsets that I could see from my window came right after 9/11

ann

On 1/8/2012 16:17, Rick Womer wrote:
I've had a west-facing office for years, and I don't think the sunsets are any
different than they usually are.  What =is= different is that it's usually too
damned cold to go out and enjoy them, and so far this winter has been balmy.

Rick

http://photo.net/photos/RickW

----- Original Message -----
From: Ann Sanfedele<ann...@nyc.rr.com>
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List<pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Sunday, January 8, 2012 9:52 AM
Subject: Of sunsets,sunrises and reasons they are over the top - hmmm

So there was Tom's Idaho sunrise , my NYC sunset and, on the news this morning
a few more viewers photos with vivid twilight or daybreak images.

and they are all over the map, literally (at least in the USA) - so I'm
thinking  - what did this?

Did I miss noting a large volcanic eruption far to the west? Is it the
unusually high winds of late stirring up particles? a big fire (in the
case of my neighborhood) in New Jersey?

Pollution contributes here, I'm guessing, but it isn't all industrial
I'm thinking.

Weather buffs, what is going on?

Nice that y'all like the photo I took from the roof but really,
any of you in the same place would certainly have gotten a similar
shot or better. and I wager there are a ton of shots of this sunset
on the web by other photogs in the area.

at the same time, when I saw the color out my window I was on the phone
with a friend in the Boston area and cut short the conversation after
yelping "oh wow" ... he said he had just talked to a friend in Brookline
who had said the sunset was spectacular a few minutes before we were speaking.

Yes it is morning, I blab in the morning

ann

-- PDML Pentax-Discuss Mail List