Paul, I love ya man!!! It works great! I owe you for the rest of my life.
Steve

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Stenquist" <pnstenqu...@comcast.net>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2012 4:19 PM
Subject: Re: K5 and K lens

Hi Steve,

It's an easy fix. Press the "menu" button. Then press the left arrow next to the OK button on the back of the camera. On the menu that appears, you'll see 27. Using Aperture Ring. Scroll down to that choice, then hit the right arrow. You'll see two choices: prohibited and permitted. Choose permitted. Now you'll be able to set aperture on your k and m lenses with the ring. When shooting, set the camera to manual metering mode. After choosing hour aperture, push the green button on the back of the camera. That will set a shutter speed based on the camera's meter reading. Fire away.

Best,
Paul