Hi,

> Contax/Zeiss prices have always been ridiculously high and they
> are still in the business.

this is not true. When I replaced my stolen Pentax equipment with
Contax/Zeiss equipment a couple of years ago my insurance company
first offered me Nikon equipment. I didn't like what they offered so I
did a straight (or as straight as possible) comparison with equivalent
Contax/Zeiss. Although some of the C/Z equipment was more expensive,
the Nikon stuff was often more than the C/Z stuff, and in the end the
equipment I got - 3 RXs, 11 CZ lenses, a monstrous flash gun and
assorted accessories - was over £2,000.00 cheaper than the originally
offered Nikon stuff.

If you want 'ridiculously high' have a look at Leica.

---

 Bob

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in
having new eyes"
- Marcel Proust