From: Matthew Hunt

On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 2:50 PM, John Sessoms <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com> wrote:

I was looking out the kitchen window just now while finishing the
dish-washing and the *FATTEST* Robin I have ever seen came and perched on
the tree right outside. Imagine someone had painted an old soft-ball to look
like a robin.

Is it really cold in your neck of the woods? Birds will "puff up" in
cold weather for insulation, and look much more rotund than normal.
I've tried using the same excuse in the weeks after the holidays, but
my wife doesn't buy it.

High about 45F today. Tree was on the downwind side of the house at the time, although there was very little breeze when I went outside. I was ok in a long sleeve under-shirt, T-shirt & fleece vest, although I didn't stay outside for a long time.