I can see a few reasons.
The kx is right on the verge of pocketability, the k5 is slightly too large. A
little smaller and a better shape could make a big difference.
Face recognition on focus
It could be cheaper to build
Manual focus in low light
The k5 doesn't have a lot of gaps in its performance that will be fixed by huge
leaps in the same form factor.  EVIL has an entirely different set of inherent
strengths and weaknesses.  It's like the crescent tool company coming out with
pliers and complaining that they aren't any better at removing nuts than the
adjustable wrench you own.
You are not the intended customer.
I also find it funny that half the list gets a priapism over the new fuji,
wishing it had a sensor as good as the K5 and was able to use pentax glass, but
at the possibility that Pentax is coming out with a camera that will, then the
sky is falling.
If it's not what I think I want, then there is obviously no market for it.