From: Ann Sanfedele <ann...@nyc.rr.com>
Sent: January 20, 2012 1/20/12
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: So wrong, also ?

So on the Scrabble discuss list last week someone posted this link

http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2012/01/hyper-realistic-paintings-by-steve-mills/

I found it hard to believe. so what is going on here?  I think
this guy used a projector to project a photo he took (the first
one I might find slightly interesting as a photo in a piece about
glass , the others, not at all) onto canvas and then added acryllic.
In the way illustartors used to do to pump out stuff for books quickly.

I cynically wrote the poster that I thought they were fake totally
(photoshop) but apparently they are really large "paintings" .

Anyone know more about Mills?

"Look what I can do" (or look what can be done) art kinda always annoys
me - unless it is just for fun.

This stuff seems just, well, shallow

What say you guys?

ann