Hello John, surely you have lenses (6) inches or smaller, being a
seasoned Pentaxian. Why can't you go in to this event with the K-5
Body and lens(es) in separate bags. I have done this many times - body
in my coat pocket and lens(es) in a carry on bag. Surely the K-5 is a
mighty midget compared to many other cameras. Give it a try old chap.
Regards. Bipin.

As for the Pentax EVIL rumour, why would one buy a K-5 like speced
camera when the K-5 is pretty small itself. See no fun in using an
electronic viewfinder, if it has one. Lenses and compatibility w/o an
AF adapter still remains a big mystery, even though the rumour says
K-mount.