I was just wondering about the edge case, literally. If you have a
rounded brushed metal part (eg a valve-stem), that surface will appear
very white and appear to fade smoothly into the white background. That
would cause jaggy and ill-defined boundaries when attempting the
cutout. Of course one could/should use the pen tool to define the
path, but the CS5 "refine edge" tool is just so incredibly nice for
that.

--
-bmw