This guy probably hasn't committed to digital photography (as yet) and is
attempting to salve his personal image for not having done so.

Jack

----- Original Message -----
From: Tom C <caka...@gmail.com>
To: pdml@pdml.net
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 9:24 AM
Subject: Re: How would you answer THIS question?

> I thought it would be amusing to hear your answer to this tweet that I
> saw this morning... (it was retweeted by a film proponent/processor).
>
> "When i look at a photo, I always need to find out if film or digital.
> If digital, appeal of photo goes down. What does that make me? A
> snob?"
>
> Looking forward to your thoughts/responses.
> :)
>
> Darren Addy
> Kearney, Nebraska

Since he's tweeting, likely the way he's viewing a given image is on a
monitor, i,e, a digitized image, which makes the point pretty much
moot. Nor was any rationale for that viewpoint provided.

To claim that that there's one right way to capture an image is like
claiming there's one right way to catch a fish.

Furthermore, it misses the real point, and that is, "Is the image
pleasing to the viewer?"

Tom C.