On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 12:21 PM, Steven Desjardins <drd1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was just commenting to a friend that many of my "photography
> friends" were reaching the age where they are were finally buying that
> camera they always wanted.  In that regard, the M9 would be high on my
> list.

Not quite my situation. I owned Leica gear for many years prior to the
digital era, only reason I sold it was that at the time (2001-2002)
there was no confidence that Leica itself would survive at all *and*
no good confidence that it would even be possible to make these lovely
lenses work correctly with a digital sensor. AND there was the
opportunity to sell off my Leica gear and buy into a Hassy Superwide
and 500C/M setup, something I'd always wanted to try.

I've simply returned to where I was a decade ago with the acquisition
of the M4-2 and M9. Where I was a decade ago, albeit then with all
Leica lenses at 1/4 the price it would cost me now. It will take a
while to afford all the same lenses again if I find I really need/want
them.
--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com