Steve I bet it's older, too
It's a beauty -

ann

On 1/26/2012 15:44, Otis Wright wrote:
If your interested, your Illinois watch may have been produced earlier
than 1965. I have an Illinois watch my father purchased around 1935.
I've had it reconditioned (mostly cleaned up the shape of the face and
hands) and use it from time to time. About ten years ago, I happened
upon some history of the Illinois Watch Co. and as I recall, they were
purchased by Hamilton watch in the late 20s and Hamilton stopped
producing the Illinois brand in the late 30s.

I managed to relocate the source of that Illinois documentation again:
http://www.oldwatch.com/illinois.html

You may be able to get an idea of the date of production here:
http://www.pocketwatchsite.com/illinoisserials.html

The model watch that I have is shown here:
http://www.oldwatch.com/Museum/Illinois/ill161aelinvar.jpg

Otis Wright