I just realized what you meant by the ghost effect -- I thought it was just motion blur from a long exposure - duh...

Works well even more ghosts would have been nice.  I used to do this
shooting film at night back in the good old days before the flood.
fun stuff.  And it doesn't look like HDR at all. and that's a good thing :-)

ann