On 29 January 2012 13:57, David Mann <d...@multisport.net.nz> wrote:
> On Jan 29, 2012, at 5:59 AM, David Savage wrote:
>
>> On a day that saw the mercury hit 42°C, I still went out that night to
>> shoot the fireworks here in Fremantle, and got an added bonus:
>>
>> <http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7029/6770160377_d3b1090d7e_o.jpg>
>
> Very nicely done.  That must be one super wide lens.

Thank you Dave.

It was shot with the Nikon 14-24mm @ 14mm. Pretty wide on the D700

> A pregnant friend of mine recently moved to Perth.  She recently posted on
> Facebook that she spent some time sheltering from the 40-degree heat in a
> liquor store's cool room.  Poor thing wouldn't have been able to touch a drop
> of the product!
>
> She had the baby last week and all seems to be well.

I really feel sorry for her, it's been horrendous here this week.
Today was the coolest day we've had in about 5 days (@ 33˚ C).

> BTW it's Australia Day here every two weeks.  It's to do with the colours of
> our three waste bins: on week 1 we put out the green and yellow bins (so I
> call it Australia Day) and week 2 we put out the green and red ones (so I
> call it Christmas).
>
> [Red = rubbish (landfill); Green = organic waste, Yellow = recycling.]

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, oi, oi ,oi!!! :-)

Some of the local councils here have similar colour coded bins here
(Not mine thought)

DS