"The State Of The Mania - A Moment's Reflection"

The new Pentax K-01 is announced.
Ricoh has also announced the A16 zoom camera unit for the GXR too.

Both are interesting new cameras. It's always fun to speculate on "what might
be better" in the land of equipment. But ... what I read on all the
photography forums on the internet is the same: whenever some new product is
announced, it is immediately and automatically despised and hurrahed in equal
measure. Even before a single person has had anything more than a picture or a
press release to look at.

To me, this does not make for a useful discussion.

I'm happy with the equipment I have now. The GXR is a fantastic camera. The M9
is outstanding too. Don't need anything, don't really want anything, other than
the occasional burst of Magpie Syndrome firing off in my head. These bits are
good enough. I just want to make photographs; I struggle to find the time to do
so.

But enough of that. Back to photographs ...

-
I continue to develop the Communicating series as time and energy permits.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gdgphoto/6807962981/lightbox/
or
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gdgphoto/6807962981/

Thanks for looking.