Pentax has done retro right. At least for them. Te MZ/ZX 5n had was as modern in it's time an autofocus camera as any mid level camera could be, but the control layout was as traditional as you could get. I never warmed to to the DOF lever, (placing it on the switch, where the locking collar for a mechanical shutter lock would be is an under appreciated stroke of genius), but otherwise it was the same as any classic Pentax back to the Spotmatic and earlier.

The K5/K7 is thicker than a traditional film camera, but it has lots of design hints from classic Pentax cameras from the past. The prism/pop up flash has the same angular look as the FA-1 hot shoe prism for the LX. The grip echos the look of the Winder A. The angular body style pretty much all cameras before they became plastic blobs.