Is anyone still offering down hill bike rides from Haleakala?

I've done it several times - but not recently. They started at sunrise and ended up in town in time for brunch.

I believe one was offered by a company called 'Cruiser Bob' but I know he stopped years ago. He advertised specially built bikes - including 'mega-brakes' which could have been used on motor scooters. There was only one place you really had to pedal.
It was quite a thrill.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Daniel J. Matyola" <danmaty...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: PESO: House of the Sun

Thanks, Dave.

There were a few people who biked up to the summit, from s/l, and a
lot who hiked across the valley filled with craters, but I don't think
anyone hikes all the way up for sunrise.

There WAS a 36 mile race from sea level to the Summit called The Run
to the Sun, but the National Park administration has prohibited it.
There is still and unofficial run to the sun every year, burt it is
not the same.

http://www.hurthawaii.com/2011/02/unoffical-run-to-the-sun-haleakala-on-maui-march-20th-maui-charm-march-18-20th.html

I may be a Marine, but I am far too old for that nonsense.

Dan Matyola